Here are seven top tips for building effortless rapport:
- Don’t worry about what to say just go into each conversation with the other person in mind.
- Listen and ask questions about the other person.
- Then ask some more questions!
- Think about "YOU" instead of "I"
- Talk about the other persons favourite 5 subjects in order!
- Don’t talk about yourself until the other person asks
- Have fun and don't take it too seriously!
Practise these in social situations and in work. Try each of them on for size in you next one-on-one or team meeting.
Click on the following link to read more about establishing and maintaining rapport, or find out your communication style by taking the FREE test opposite.