Monday, 26 September 2011

What myths do you believe in?

Posted by My Own Coach Ltd on 11:09 with No comments
Here is an admission for you!

I was one of those people that believed the myth that when we hear someone speaking, only 7% of our understanding comes from the words they use!

Of course, in the cold light of day it now seems so obvious that this isn't true. But when I first heard it, in the context of forming first impressions, it seemed to make absolute sense.

Coupled with a keen interest in non-verbal communication, this led to me to believe in this myth at face value, applying it to many more situations than it was originally meant.

So, I wonder what other myths we subscribe to? Which ones have been useful to us and which ones have held us back in some way? And, which ones are untrue out of context?

Thanks to Creativity Works for today's inspiration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...