Friday, 15 July 2011

Waiting to be found out!

Posted by My Own Coach Ltd on 16:53 with No comments
Are you waiting to be found out?

There seems to be a common misconception held that those at the top are confident in themselves and their abilities.

However, the more time I spend in the company of leaders - often hugely successful in their own field - the more I hear them say "I don't know how I get away with it!"

Is there an underlying lack of confidence that drives this? Or is it just false modesty?

It doesn't help that a poor understanding and an absence of really good role models mean that we don't have a useful gauge from which to benchmark our leadership prowess.

Perhaps we measure ourselves against a concept of leadership we feel we can never truly live up to? Or, maybe we are all just riddled with self doubt, no matter who we are and what we do?

As I ponder on these questions, the closing words to a recent film drift into my thoughts:

"who chains us and who holds the key that can set us free? It's YOU!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...